Friday, March 14, 2014

REVIEW ~Spin by CD Reiss~

Title: Spin
Author: C.D. Reiss
Series: Songs of Corruption #1
Release Date: March 12, 2014

My Rating: 5 Stars!
Mafia capo, Antonio Spinelli blew through my orderly life like a cyclone.

Gorgeous and passionate, with a breathtaking brutality, he put me under his spell the moment he touched me, drawing me into his underworld of risk, violence and betrayal.

And I found, just as this sophisticated savage didn’t trust me, I didn’t trust myself. Something happened to me. Some alchemy from the heat between us.

I discovered I was a savage, too.

***You do NOT need to read Songs of Submission to read Spin***

As a new reader of CD Reiss', Spin made me want to kidnap her and keep her locked up and writing book after book. A little morbid? Could be. But this woman knows how to write a freakin' book! Holy crap! I mean the sex is completely raunchy and dirty (which I love and devoured), but the whole story it just amaze-balls. Spin and Theresa are unlike any other power couple I have ever read. Both of them are domineering and stubborn, yet you can see the tension almost dissipate from them both when they get near one another, even if they are pissed as hell at the moment :). Although the effect they have could be their downfall as well as their most endearing quality. 

Theresa Drazen has it all. She works only because she wants to, she has strings she can pull from miles away, and she had the perfect relationship. Until said relationship was ruined when the other party decided to dip his wick elsewhere. Yes Dan, the DA, and Mayor want-to-be, is a world class skeeze. And while most would be distraught, Theresa picks up the pieces, takes the higher road, and eventually moves on. Enter Antonio Spinelli. An enigma of the worst sort. Theresa is drawn to him but her suspicions and the accusations her ex is lobbing at Spin are enough to make her think twice.Yet, this is one instance where physical need wins over logic. Spin and Theresa know they're no good for each other. His life in the Mafia puts her in immediate danger. As for Spin, he loses his control both in and out the bedroom where Theresa is concerned. She has him making rash decisions and compromising his already dangerous and deadly lifestyle. But as a modern day Romeo and Juliet these two cannot call it quits. 

Hell, I didn't want them to either.  Every time they are together it's sex-rough, rigorous, and utterly erotic- and drama. The kind of drama that a book lover, like myself, feeds on. It kept the momentum going at warp speed the entire book. I didn't catch my breath until the very last page. I can't begin to explain how amazing this story is. I experienced the same reservations the characters did, but in the end I needed to see them together despite the consequences. Ms. Reiss made me see beyond the logical reasons for them to not be together and understand the basic human needs they felt for one another. But the obstacles they're given may call a halt to their happily ever after... You can bet I will be devouring Ms. Reiss' previous series while Spin and Theresa are working on their future. This series will definitely have a "drop everything and read" tag on it. I simply cannot wait for the next!

Happy Reading
*Gifted in exchange for honest review*

Links to Buy:

Connect with CD Reiss:


No comments:

Post a Comment