Friday, April 25, 2014

REVIEW ~Quintessentially Q by Pepper Winters~

Title: Quintessentially Q
Author: Pepper Winters
Series: Monsters in the Dark #2
Release Date: December 13, 2013

My Rating: 5+ Stars
“All my life, I battled with the knowledge I was twisted… fucked up to want something so deliciously dark—wrong on so many levels. But then slave fifty-eight entered my world. Hissing, fighting, with a core of iron, she showed me an existence where two wrongs make a right."

Tess is Q’s completely. Q is Tess’s irrevocably. But now, they must learn the boundaries of their unconventional relationship, while Tess seeks vengeance on the men who sold her. Q made a blood-oath to deliver their corpses at Tess’s feet, and that’s just what he’ll do.

He may be a monster, but he’s Tess’s monster.

I literally felt like I was breaking right along side Tess and Q in this book. While I know by now not to expect warm and fuzzies from Ms. Winters, I do look forward to a less agonizing finale for this pair in Twisted Together. However, just to make myself clear, I'm not referring to the nature of their relationship. Quintessentially Q upheld the dark, gritty, erotic, and traumatizing road that Tears of Tess set into place. A summary of my feelings while reading are as follows: Happy, Sad face, Fist pump, Every explicative I can think of, Explicatives continue, And continue, Double fist pump, Major depression, Contented sigh. Obviously, it was a very bumpy and emotional ride. If you thought Q and Tess were broken in the first book, this book will tear you to shreds, as it did to me. 

You may be wondering why, if it tore me to shreds, I am rating it so high. A lesson well taught by Pepper Winters is: not everything is rainbows and sunshine. There are love stories where the couple find their own happiness in the twisted and screwed up reality that they live in. Tess and Q are a perfect example of this. Whether I understand their mutual need for pain, or not, they make each other happy. To see an absolute worst case scenario be made into a beautiful love, time and again is something that I thrive on. Is it a heartbreaking and hard read? Hands down, yes. Tess is put through the hardest test of her life and it breaks her. I mean, completely obliterates her. It takes the the greatest sacrifice in the world from Q to bring her back. That is true love. Ms. Winters may have broken my heart... again but, the beauty of the story she melds with its broken pieces is worth every bit of heart crushing I experienced. 

I think I'll always feel this way about Ms. Winters' books. I procrastinate so long to read them because I have to be in the right head space to finish them and show due diligence towards them. I finally reached my breaking point where I just had to read Quintessentially Q, and I inhaled the book. Tess and Q leave marks on my heart as they do on one another. I read so many books that they sometimes begin to blend together. Quintessentially Q and Tears of Tess are ones that stand out among a crowd. This book is unapologetic in its crudeness, violence, and unequivocal love. If you want to read something that will blow your mind, this is that book. I do have to strongly warn readers though- this a DARK erotic romance. It's a little scary and intimidating at first, but its well worth a read.... or 10 :)

Happy Reading!

Links to Buy:

Connect with Pepper:


No comments:

Post a Comment