Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Lisa Renee Jones: Escaping Reality

My Rating: 5 Stars

Synopsis:

Infinite possibilities….
Infinite passion…..
Infinite danger….

His touch spirals through me, warm and sweet, wicked and hot. I shouldn’t trust him. I shouldn’t tell him my secrets. But how do I not when he is the reason I breathe? He is what I need.

At the young age of eighteen, tragedy and a dark secret force Lara to flee all she has known and loves to start a new life. Now years later, with a new identity as Amy, she’s finally dared to believe she is forgotten–even if she cannot forget. But just when she lets down her guard, the ghosts of her past are quick to punish her, forcing her back on the run.

On a plane, struggling to face the devastation of losing everything again and starting over, Amy meets Liam Stone, a darkly entrancing recluse billionaire, who is also a brilliant, and famous, prodigy architect. A man who knows what he wants and goes after it. And what he wants is Amy. Refusing to take “no” as an answer, he sweeps her into a passionate affair, pushing her to her erotic limits. He wants to possess her. He makes her want to be possessed. Liam demands everything from her, accepting nothing less. But what if she is too devastated by tragedy to know when he wants more than she should give? And what if there is more to Liam than meets the eyes


My Review:

I cannot recommend this book to too many people, or say too many great things about it. This book is in short, amazing. I never knew what was going to come next, and I could not get enough of the characters. Amy and Liam had chemistry burning off the pages, and the mystery hooked me in from the very beginning. Ms. Jones has been a long time favorite author of mine, and she definitely does not disappoint with her new series. I was thrilled to receive this copy from Net Galley, but the down side was I finished far too quickly, and I cannot wait for the second installment! Warning to readers: this does end on a semi-cliffhanger. Amy is aware who is after her, but not who is helping her. She must look over her should at every turn. Despite the danger, when she meets Liam she is inexplicably drawn to him and cannot seem to turn him away. One of the things that I love about this book is Liam and not for the obvious reasons. Liam is not your typical alpha male. To me, he was controlling but only in a helpful and loving way, not in a desperate need to dominate way. He did not try to strip Amy of her individuality, and only wanted to see her safe. Now, I like to think I'm good at guessing mysteries, but Escaping Reality has me completely stumped. I do not know, who Amy's handler is, or who is after her, or what roles all the characters play in her life at the moment, but I cannot wait to find out! I highly encourage everyone to go out and buy Escaping Reality, you will not regret it.

*ARC received from Net Galley*

Links to buy:

No comments:

Post a Comment