Saturday, June 2, 2018

REVIEW ~EVEN MONEY BY ALESSANDRA TORRE~

Title: Even Money
Author: Alessandra Torre
Series: All In #1
Release Date: June 2, 2018
From NYT Bestseller Alessandra Torre comes a suspenseful and seductive duet...

Sometimes it only takes a minute. A connection of eyes across a room, a quickened heartbeat, and everything changes.

I was a cocktail waitress with a fondness for partying and meaningless hook-ups.

He owned half of Vegas, with the reputation to match.

I should have turned away. Instead, I stepped closer.

Then, the lies started. Rumors spread. Stalking commenced. Someone died.

None of it stopped me from falling in love.
Twisty, dysfunctional, insanely seductive. THOSE are the words that are left in my mind while I'm still reeling from the end of this book. Even Money is all kinds of dark and wonderful. Bell, the heroine, is ballsy, but she'd needed to be to get through her past. Even with her tough exterior, under Dario's gaze and hands, she can be this softer person who needs the affection he's dying to give her. On the other hand Dario is equally damaged, but meeting Bell wasn't supposed to be in the cards for him. He had his future mapped out. But the intense connection these two share cannot be denied from the minute their eyes meet.

Despite their relationship being amazingly seductive and entrancing to watch, they could have never anticipated the horrors that were waiting for them. They both thought those dark times of their lives were over, but little did they know their inherent passion angers the worst person possible.

At times I had extremely mixed feelings with this book. I wanted Bell and Dario together SO. FREAKING. BAD. But the behind the scenes moments chilled me down the the bones. And the ending... well it just about broke my heart. It was everything no one good in this book deserved, but a cliffhanger like this is why I have to remind myself I love Alessandra Torre's books and she hasn't let me down before, and I know she won't this time either. I need Dario and Bell's conclusion story like I need a good night's sleep (desperately). Luckily we don't have to wait that long, but how I'm feeling right now about the state of affairs in Bell and Dario's world, I'm sure it will feel like an eternity. If you're looking for a gritty, heart-aching book, with breathtaking seduction, and characters that you will be obsessed with, look no further. Just be prepared to be wholly consumed by this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment